Is anxiety a constant companion?
Does it occur along with depression sometimes?
Does it feel like you can’t control it no matter how hard you try?
Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective?
If this sounds like your experience, I’m confident I can help. My practice offers many effective forms of treatment, to get relief from the unhealthy anxiety that you deserve. When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem. Who knows, feeling anxious at times might just save your life. Consider watching “How to make stress your friend” with Dr. Kelly McGonigal on YouTube https://www.ted.com/talks/kelly_mcgonigal_how_to_make_stress_your_friend?language=en
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
A cup of tea and conversation, aka Therapy, can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from anxiety be it social or just in general, I invite you to contact me today for a free 10-minute consultation and hopefully schedule an intake appointment.